Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] Itemid not set automaticly

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #210605 by zapatista
[SOLVED] Itemid not set automaticly was created by zapatista
Hi all,

a new request to you:
whats about the itemid on Joomla? The main component of my site and also some additional ones takes the itemid automaticly or with special functions?!?! Comprofiler does not set the itemid - so the user get out of the menu state when using the profile-link.

It is not a worst case but it is not confortable for the users, I think.

Are there some dokumentations or is it just impossible to realize without changing the core-files?

Thanks and regards,
Christian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210637 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Itemid not set automaticly
You need to ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu link to CB profiles and it'll use that Itemid for all/most of CBs links. Seams to be working fine for me here as well as keeping menu item active.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #211017 by zapatista
Replied by zapatista on topic Re: Itemid not set automaticly
Thanks but that can't be the solution - at least in my case. Because the visitors get over the menu and sub menus to some userlists. There you can go on the wanted user-profile. Do so the visitor get out of the menu structure - jump to another itemid. This is not really satisfying.

Until now everything was done with the great CB component. I can't believe there is no way to set the correct itemid.

11 years 7 months ago #211041 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Itemid not set automaticly
If you want the userlist to use the same Itemid as the CB menu link then use an External menu link with the URL provided while editing the userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #211192 by zapatista
Replied by zapatista on topic Re: Itemid not set automaticly
Thanks for that. I have tried these things. I'm still not satisfied.

Another try:

I could filter the itemid easily with a small sql-query, cause the menu-name is equal to a field-name of the user which he/she has to choose by registration.

I find the function $_cb_framework->userProfileUrl()

In your way this function set the itemid depending on the global menu-link (manufactory) automaticly behind the user-link.
Maybe I can replace the automaticly set itemid with my small sql-query.

Or can I use userlists from CB, put them in the submenus and CB userlinks catch automaticly the itemid from the userlist?

Surely there are many ways to Rome. I don't wanna change the core files. So I need a easy way do to that.

Any ideas?

11 years 7 months ago #211394 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Itemid not set automaticly
The way Joomla works is that Itemid is always associated to a menu (it's actually the menu's id).

So if you create corresponding menus, the Itemid will be added automatically, and then kept by CB, except when going to user profiles where it will be finding the CB profile menu's itemid automatically.

If you need Itemids (e.g. for links) but don't want corresponding menu item to be visible, add a menu and put into an invisible position.

Hope the above is understandable. Joomla documentation on itemids might help there too.

Hope I understood correctly your request. If you think it's not the case, please clarify and give exact example.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn