Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] Itemid not set automaticly

11 years 7 months ago #211420 by zapatista
Replied by zapatista on topic Re: Itemid not set automaticly
Thanks for your patience. I still haven't found the solution for this problem. The problem is maybe hard to explain in a foreign language.

I have a menu structure like this:

category A | category B | category C

Now the users are assigned to one category - it depends on the content. When the user logged in and use the profile link at the CB_Login Module I want that he jumps to his profile and also get in his category. But that doesn't work so far. There is just set the address index.php?option=com_comprofiler without any task or itemid. If I set a userlist in the sub menu of the correct category and click on the "list-menu-link" there is set a task and itemid. When I go to another sub menu point, the values of task and itemid are lost.

I have three or four different components in use. Nowhere I have such problems with itemids.

Maybe it's not so hard to solve. Because by registration the user has to choose a field which values are "category A" or "category B" or "category C".

So some scripts like
SELECT #__menu.id FROM #__menu WHERE #__menu.name = [cb_field]
has to tell CB the itemid. But where??

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211783 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Itemid not set automaticly
I see, you want the Itemid associated with the Userlist that they came from to also be used for their profile display. CB won't do this as it uses the mandatory profile menu link for its Itemid. I think if you want to have custom displays based off their type you should use perhaps CB Conditional to conditionally display their fields/tabs based off other fields (could have a field where you set their type, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #213626 by zapatista
Replied by zapatista on topic Re: Itemid not set automaticly
I can not imagine, how do you mean that. But thanks anyway for your advice.

Too bad that it is so complicated. Maybe I need to change the core files.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn