User/Group management confusion

11 years 7 months ago #210606 by moomola
User/Group management confusion was created by moomola
I just migrated from 1.5 to 2.5.

I also have cb 1.8 installed, and I of course use to manage users with community builder not with the joomla core user interface.

I discovered the new group and accesslevel abilities with joomla 2.5 and I was wondering if there were any way to deal with group management directly within CB 1.8.

I find a bit confusing to deal with user data within CB and groups outside with the core interface.

Since I'm also considering testing and may be deploy groupjive, I was wondering if there were any "bridges" or "consistency" between groups in groupjive with the joomla core groups/accesslevels.

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210638 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User/Group management confusion
Please upgrade to CB 1.8.1 if you've not done so already. To add extra groups for users simply edit them and select multiple groups from the now multi-select dropdown for usergroups. GroupJive has nothing to do with ACL (usergroups/accesslevels).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210669 by moomola
Replied by moomola on topic Re: User/Group management confusion
Thanks Krileo,

not sure what you mean by "multi-select dropdown for usergroups" :
I see the possibility to select all user belonging to a group with
the "select group" dropdown menu in the user interface, and I also
see a way to assign groups to a specific user with the "group" field
in user profile, but I don't see any interface to manage groups (nor
access levels) in cb

Do you confirm that "groups" and "accesslevels" menu in the joomla core
interface must be used for that purpose ?

11 years 7 months ago #210673 by krileon
Navigate to CB > User Management then edit a user. Once editing a user find the field "Group:" and select as many usergroups as you want for the user.

You don't manage usergroups or assetlevels within CB. You do this from Joomla. There's no need for CB to duplicate this interface.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210678 by moomola
Replied by moomola on topic Re: User/Group management confusion
Thanks,

I also see a possibility to register users in
specific groups upon cb fields information with
the "auto action" plugin.

I'm going to investigate that.

---
Olivier

11 years 7 months ago #210752 by krileon
You can select the new user registration usergroup by using "Options" button on CB > User Management or setting it within Joomlas user manager options. If you want to add usergroups based off a field value or something of the sort then yes CB Auto Actions certainly can accomplish this; there's actually a tutorial for it, which can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn