FBConnect with CBSubs

11 years 7 months ago #210622 by mfe13
FBConnect with CBSubs was created by mfe13
hello,
I think we can not use FBConnect with CBSubs.
Do you think there will be a solution in the next plugin or it will never be possible?
Thank you for your answer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210640 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBConnect with CBSubs
If you require a subscription for login/registration then no you can't use FBC. Also, no it's not likely to be fixed as there isn't anything to fix; requiring a subscription, but also allowing single sign on is counter productive. You'd allow them to 1 click join, but then ask them to pay. They also couldn't use the unjoin feature for FBC, which would be a policy violation from Facebook.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210645 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: FBConnect with CBSubs

If you require a subscription for login/registration then no you can't use FBC.

Registration whth CSubs for a free plan to life on my site. After, to have many options, they take plan B to pay.

krileon wrote: You'd allow them to 1 click join, but then ask them to pay.

Sorry but I don't understand this point.
It is necessary to allow the recording directly by Joomla (without CBSubs) only for FBC?

11 years 7 months ago #210656 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBConnect with CBSubs

Registration whth CSubs for a free plan to life on my site. After, to have many options, they take plan B to pay.

If you allow free registrations (without a plan) then it should work fine.

Sorry but I don't understand this point.
It is necessary to allow the recording directly by Joomla (without CBSubs) only for FBC?

Using single sign on with a site that does not allow free registrations (without a plan) would mean the user would click to join and immediately be asked to pay (if this worked), which goes against single sign on and considered bad practice.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mfe13

11 years 7 months ago #210682 by mfe13
Thank you very mutch, the Registration works...

11 years 7 months ago #210689 by mfe13
I have just another question. Auto welcome plugin can work with CBConnect?
Because user no receive auto welcome message when use CBConnect.
Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn