FBConnect with CBSubs

11 years 7 months ago #210908 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: FBConnect with CBSubs
Excuse me, but does that mean that there is a solution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210933 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBConnect with CBSubs
I don't know what the problem is. As I've said a few times now CB Connect fires the function that fires the trigger used by CB Auto Welcome. My proposal was to use CB Auto Actions with the after registration trigger or even the same trigger used by CB Auto Welcome to send an email action.

[Edit]: This is likely due to the fact that at time of registration a user often has an invalid email address or a proxy email from Facebook. The complete registration page is then used to supply a new email where that trigger is not fired again (to avoid double fire). This could be the cause and there's really no fix as at time of registration the email is usually invalid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210951 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: FBConnect with CBSubs

krileon wrote:
[Edit]: This is likely due to the fact that at time of registration a user often has an invalid email address or a proxy email from Facebook. The complete registration page is then used to supply a new email where that trigger is not fired again (to avoid double fire). This could be the cause and there's really no fix as at time of registration the email is usually invalid.

Ha - that's a good point!

11 years 7 months ago #210957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBConnect with CBSubs
A welcome PM should work fine though, but I doubt the welcome Email would ever work in this scenario unless I completely change the behavior of the function to only fire the trigger after complete registration (which is a possibility to review, but it's hard to make these changes when things are already stable for risk of breaking other stuff).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn