two different registration form

11 years 7 months ago #210625 by quickrescue
two different registration form was created by quickrescue
Hello,
I need your suggestions.

I have two different category of users and I need to have two different registration form.

I'm not sure if Auto Action or CB Conditional could help me in this purpose. I already installed both plugin but I need some extra help.

In practice I do not need two types of graphics, but it would be enough to show or hide fields depending on the type of customer category.

For example:

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&category=1
REGISTRATION FORM
field 1
field 2
field 3

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&category=2
REGISTRATION FORM
field 4
field 5
field 6

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210641 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: two different registration form
Create a field called "category" then let users select which one they want to be a part of. You'd then use CB Conditional to show/hide fields/tabs based off that category field. Neither of them can read the URL and show/hide fields based off a URL parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210644 by quickrescue
Replied by quickrescue on topic Re: two different registration form
Please, I really need to read the url parameters.

Where can I find te file to modify?

11 years 7 months ago #210655 by krileon
We don't support core edits so can't help you there, sorry. This can be done with a new plugin. It can probably also be done with "CB Profile Pro" I hear, but it's known to cause a lot of issues if not used properly (note we did not develop such a plugin, please search). If none of the fields are marked required I suppose you could use CB Auto Actions to add jQuery to the registration page to remove certain fields as the conditionals supports parameters (e.g. [get_category]).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210659 by quickrescue
Replied by quickrescue on topic Re: two different registration form

krileon wrote: If none of the fields are marked required I suppose you could use CB Auto Actions to add jQuery to the registration page to remove certain fields as the conditionals supports parameters (e.g. [get_category]).

... an example please?

where can I find the auto action manual?

11 years 7 months ago #210661 by krileon

... an example please?

It's not your usercase, but you can find an example of how CB Auto Actions works below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

You can also search as jQuery and CSS usages of CB Auto Actions have already been provided.

where can I find the auto action manual?

There isn't one.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn