two different registration form

11 years 7 months ago #210720 by quickrescue
Replied by quickrescue on topic Re: two different registration form
please, be patient with me. I'm trying to user auto action on registration form:

I created a Link with an extra parameter: &category=2 to test the auto action plugin.

Then I tryed to set a registration form field = to category number. But I can't find the right trigger to achieve my purpose.

Type: Code
Trigger: onBeforeRegisterForm
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional:
Method: JS (inline)

final line doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210760 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: two different registration form
There's no need for any of that. Simply use the below conditional.

[get_category] Equal To 2

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210921 by quickrescue
sorry, I'm not able to make this work.

Auto Action: Edit [Field]
Type: Field
Trigger: onBeforeRegisterForm
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional: [get_category] Equal To 2
Field Action:
field: First Name
action: set (field=value)
value: mytestname

the field First Name remains blank
I tryed other Triggers (onBeforeUserRegistration and onBeforeRegisterFormDisplay), but nothing change.

I tryed also to make a registration filling all fields but nothing happen

Using type: code with js inline (the javascript function I shown previously) the param category is read by the conditional [get_category] Equal To 2
alert('category_num');
works;

Please, help me in setting automaticly the right field based on the get param value.

11 years 7 months ago #210939 by krileon
A field action isn't going to do anything on Registration, please read its description under its action title to the left. You'll need to use jQuery to fill the fields. The conditional will ensure it only acts on the URL parameter of your choosing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210956 by quickrescue
Thank you very much.

Ok, for the field action, infact I was trying also with js inline.

Now I will try with jquery.

But which is the best trigger to fill a registration field?

Thank again.

11 years 7 months ago #210959 by krileon
onBeforeRegisterFormDisplay is probably the best trigger for your usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: quickrescue

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn