Search List AND methode

11 years 7 months ago #210858 by imagiprint
Search List AND methode was created by imagiprint
Hi,

It seems that the search list uses the 'OR' to do a research on multiple criteria.
Is it possible to set it to 'AND' ? So the user has to select all the necessary criteria to find user ?

Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210870 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Search List AND methode
It depends on the search mode. Simple search "Is" always uses AND. Simple search "Any" always uses OR. If you set the searching to Advanced the user can select for themselves how refined they want the search (does contain, does no contain, etc..). Edit your userlist then scroll to the bottom to find and set search mode.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210911 by imagiprint
Replied by imagiprint on topic Re: Search List AND methode
Thanks for the answer !

What I mean is : if a user has option A and B I want to find him only if i do a research with criteria A and B.
Right now if I select only check box A it show the user in the result.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that I use CB conditional to show or hide other fields ???
Regards,

11 years 7 months ago #210934 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Search List AND methode
I don't think you can do that. You can't require search criteria. CB Conditional can conditionally show/hide search criteria too if you want it to. Simply enable it when editing a fields conditions as you can select where it affects.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn