[SOLVED] Warning: array_keys on line 442

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #211095 by bigtuner
Hey now Everyone

Joomla! 2.5.7
CB 1.8.1

A member tried to register and got this:

Notice: Undefined index: templates in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>uniconex/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 442

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>uniconex/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 442

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>uniconex/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 442

Someone asked a similar question a couple weeks ago but I didn't see a response.

Is there a fix? What's causing it? More than one registration at the same time?

Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211100 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Warning: array_keys on line 442
Looks like default CB template isn't enabled. Ensure Default CB template within CB > Plugin Management is enabled, it always must be enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #211104 by bigtuner
Replied by bigtuner on topic Re: Warning: array_keys on line 442
Hey now Krileon

I so much wanted that to be the answer, but as you can see in the attachment, the default template is selected.

I have the CB template changer plugin off, but I thought was just to give users a choice of templates and nothing to do with the component templates.

Dan
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #211112 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Warning: array_keys on line 442

bigtuner wrote: Hey now Krileon

I so much wanted that to be the answer, but as you can see in the attachment, the default template is selected.

I have the CB template changer plugin off, but I thought was just to give users a choice of templates and nothing to do with the component templates.

Dan

Kyle is right.

Why have you made all template plugins Registered?

By default all CB plugins are published Public. You should not change things unless you are sure.

As I understand it, the default template (and other templates if used) will need to be accessed to as part of the registration process which of course is for Public users.

Try publishing all the CB Plugins to public and test again.

CB Menu plugin also is needed Public.

11 years 7 months ago #211127 by bigtuner
Replied by bigtuner on topic Re: Warning: array_keys on line 442
Hey now Kyle and Nick

I thank both of you for your quick replies.

I changed all plug-ins to public. The reason I changed them in the first place is that, beyond login, I could see nothing that CB should do on the public site. I guess I missed the memo on MUST be public; begs the question why you can change it to registered if it must be public.

I have to laugh at your comment, Nick: "You should not change things unless you are sure". If I needed to be absolutely sure before making a change, I would never have loaded CB in the first place. It was a giant leap of faith and I still haven't landed in a comfortable spot. I started with 1.6 Joomla! and some earlier version of CB. You have to admit there are a great many details that introduce possible conflicts. And those details are not always spelled out in a manner that is crystal clear.

I still think I can provide more web-based services with Joomla! and CB than any other way.

Dan

11 years 7 months ago #211139 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Warning: array_keys on line 442

bigtuner wrote: Hey now Kyle and Nick

I thank both of you for your quick replies.

I changed all plug-ins to public. The reason I changed them in the first place is that, beyond login, I could see nothing that CB should do on the public site. I guess I missed the memo on MUST be public; begs the question why you can change it to registered if it must be public.

I have to laugh at your comment, Nick: "You should not change things unless you are sure". If I needed to be absolutely sure before making a change, I would never have loaded CB in the first place. It was a giant leap of faith and I still haven't landed in a comfortable spot. I started with 1.6 Joomla! and some earlier version of CB. You have to admit there are a great many details that introduce possible conflicts. And those details are not always spelled out in a manner that is crystal clear.

I still think I can provide more web-based services with Joomla! and CB than any other way.

Dan

Sorry if what I said sounded harsh.

You are right - we could have blocked some plugins and not allowed any access changes - and maybe we should actually.

But this would take away some degree of freedom and flexibility.

For example, if I site does not have frontend registration process (and only has backend user creation), then it would make sense to have these 2 plugins (and maybe more) set to Registered level. Granted, that's a use case that may only be of use to 1% of the people (and maybe even less).

I agree about the learning curve - unfortunately great flexibility and many degrees of freedom often lead to complexity and confusion.

CB Quickstart PRO is our first attempt to help people get started quickly - hope to improve more with each new release.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn