User can add favourite item. What procedure ?

11 years 7 months ago #212030 by organo
Greetings,

In a community based on the beach and beach facilities, I want to enable users to add their favourite beach or facility for others to rate, and create events based on these as well, if they choose.

Please could someone tell me how I should go about this, what steps to take?

With Thanks,

Mike.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #212038 by krileon
You'll probably want to use some sort of directory extension like MosTree where users can add locations to it, comment, and vote (see our directory). I suggest searching JED (extensions.joomla.org/) for something that might fit your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #212062 by organo
Thank you for your response.

Are you familiar with MosTree? How does a directory work along-side CB, please?

Mike.

11 years 7 months ago #212117 by krileon
We're using mostree for our directory, see the link below for example.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory

I've no idea if they have a CB plugin or not, but if not you could develop one. There's also several other directory extensions on JED if mostree isn't to your liking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #212157 by organo
Thank you. If it doesn't have a CB plugin I would not be able to develop one, contrary to your suggestion that I could :)

I think the choice of choosing would be based upon ease of set-up and CB integration. I own an JReviews licence, but the documentation is out-of-date.

I also have an subscription to SOBIPro; but again, I am not decided. I'll take another look at Mostree.

With Thanks,

Mike.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn