[SOLVED] Editing data in lists

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212098 by agabites
[SOLVED] Editing data in lists was created by agabites
Hi all
Hunted around for an answer on this - sure there must be one, but couldn't find it.

I have a national organisation as a client. Their members belong to local clubs but we want to be able to manage them all within Community Builder. More specifically we want only the club secretary's to manage the members plus a few others in the national organisation. So I've set up a list in CB. Have it set up so that a member with permission of "Club Secretary" gets to see it. There's the same filter on the page as in the CB manual (ie pull out all members with the same club as me)

It produces a list which is perfect, except that when I click on the user in the list and go to their profile, I can't find a way to give the user "club secretary" edit access so they can edit all the people in their club.

Any suggestions on how I can set this up to allow this group to see the edit button for each member in their club?

Cheers and thanks in advance
Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #212138 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Editing data in lists
You'll need to set them as moderators. You first need to determine what usergroups will be moderators from within CB > Configuration > Moderation. However, they'll be able to edit all non-moderators (you can't assign someone to another person, CB doesn't have such a feature).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agabites

11 years 6 months ago #212207 by agabites
Replied by agabites on topic Re: Editing data in lists
That worked perfectly - knew it was a permissions thing somewhere! Thanks again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn