[SOLVED] Problems in clearing a field from backend

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #212339 by fribse2011
I have a field holding an integer number.
Before entering a value in the field, it's empty as it should be.
Then I enter a number.
At some point I may like to remove the number, but I'm not allowed to do that.
I can enter a 0, but that's not empty of course.
But entering a blank field is not allowed.

Second thing, during testing I removed constraints from the field, so there were no minimum and no maximum, and then when entering a number I got this message:
DSF nummer : Year 9018534 is not between 0 and 0

I have no idea where 'Year' comes from, and yes, the number is not between 0 and 0, but there were no constraints set.

It does seem that the logic in auto-actions treats 0 as empty though, as the action email I've defined when entering a number in the field, was sent, and the action asks if '[var3_cb_dsf] is empty'.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212365 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problems in clearing a field from backend
An integer field is only initially null as no value exists. Once a save action occurs its typecasted to sanitize it and turns empty values into 0. There is no setting it to null. There is no unlimited maximum, if you specify 0 you're saying the maximum is 0. I've no idea where the "Year" is coming from either, but seams like a language string issue.

It does seem that the logic in auto-actions treats 0 as empty though, as the action email I've defined when entering a number in the field, was sent, and the action asks if '[var3_cb_dsf] is empty'.

NULL, empty, and 0 are all considered empty for CB Auto Actions conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn