Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] About CB User Profile mandatory menu item

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212563 by dotcom22
hello

Like explained in the doc, I created the mandatory User Profile menu item but in a special manner. That mean this menu exist inside a "virtual" menu without his related module. I choose this way because I don't want publicly display this menu item (at my opinion this is useless and confusing because if a guest user click on that link, he will receive a message telling login is required for see profile) and if I'm not wrong no other solution are available for do that (because this item MUST have public access).

Now instead to include the "My profile" link inside CB Login module, I would prefer create a menu item. So I started to create one but in the User Profile menu creation tooltip is noticed this: Please create only one of them.

So that mean I can't create one more User Profile menu item and I have no other choice to use the build-in "my profile" link present in the CB login module? If yes this is not very flexible...

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #212577 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: About CB User Profile mandatory menu item
You can create as many menu links as you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #212586 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: About CB User Profile mandatory menu item
well great news :woohoo:

I thinking you had some kind of limitations or problem/conflict in case more than one User Profile menu item was created.

The tooltip sound a bit like a warning for warn us to avoid to create more than one menu item.

11 years 6 months ago #212589 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: About CB User Profile mandatory menu item
It's a warning as some tend to go overboard with menu links and end up with access control battles between the menu links or Itemids going nuts. This shouldn't be much, if not any, of an issue now. 2-3 is fine, but I wouldn't make 10 or so going to the same location unless they each had their own ACL settings. Major issue with multiple same links is Alias can't be duplicated.

It's sometimes best to create an Internal menu link then link to that menu link with an External menu link. Joomla 2.5 I know for a fact has a menu type of menu alias to specifically link to an already existing menu link and avoiding duplicates all together. It can be found under "System Links" after clicking "Select" while creating a new menu link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #212593 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: About CB User Profile mandatory menu item

It's sometimes best to create an Internal menu link then link to that menu link with an External menu link. Joomla 2.5 I know for a fact has a menu type of menu alias to specifically link to an already existing menu link and avoiding duplicates all together. It can be found under "System Links" after clicking "Select" while creating a new menu link.

yes you right...excellent suggestion...like that no confusion. :cheer:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn