Upgrade from CB 1.3.1/J! 1.0.15 to current version

11 years 6 months ago #212864 by sirweb
Yes I know, I´m upgrading from a very old version...

I am thinking of doing a manual ugprade, using a SQL import/export, rather than using upgrade tiils like jupgrade.

Is the database structure equal enough between CB 1.3.1 in Joomla 1.0.15
and CB 1.8.1 on Joomla 2.5.7 that a SQL export/import is possible?
If there are differences, are they of that kind that CB Tools can fix it?

I have done CB 1.3.1 upgrades this way on joomla, from 1.0 to 1.5 and that works just fine.
But this step is obviously bigger... :)
Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.
Sune

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212903 by krileon

Is the database structure equal enough between CB 1.3.1 in Joomla 1.0.15
and CB 1.8.1 on Joomla 2.5.7 that a SQL export/import is possible?

For CB, yes, for Joomla not even remotely close. The entire ACL structure has changed. You can't really do a direct database import/export of users without massive manual fixes, which is fine if you've extensive database usage knowledge.

If there are differences, are they of that kind that CB Tools can fix it?

No.

I highly suggest using jUpgrade, but I'm not sure if it migrates from J1.0. Aside from that you'll need to slowly and manually migrate data and making corrects where needed. Best way to do this is to clone your site and migrate with the clone so your live site remains untouched and functional until done. You'll want to first upgrade CB to 1.8.1 however before doing any migrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

11 years 6 months ago #212976 by sirweb
Thanks for your input.

It will be necessary to upgrade in 2 steps, using mtwMigrator to migrate to 1.5 and jUpgrade to 2.5.

I managed to upgrade my 1.0 site to CB 1.7.1 where expert files are included.
However, it seems like there are no expert files for 1.8.1 and I cannot find any docs for an alternative upgrade method to 1.8.1 on J! 1.0 ?

I guess it would be possible to upgrade CB from 1.7.1 to 1.8.1 after the firast step, when the site is om J! 1.5.26.

11 years 6 months ago #213046 by krileon
Ah, right; we moved the export files for 1.8+ to forge. You can find them below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/files

You'll only be able to upgrade to 1.8, but that should be ok and can do 1.8.1 after migration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn