my question is hard to do:

I have these 3 fields type drop down to nesting categories:
field 1: values: animal, vegetal
field 2: values: dog, fish
field 3: hairy, Hunter...

Do rules to show:
If field 1 animal, then show field 2
If field 2 dog then show field 3

I will profile edit now: selected animal , dog and Hunter .
Very good, perfect
But now I decide to correct and modify field 1 and select vegetable.
field2 disappears but retains its value dog. It is therefore show field 3. So I have vegetable and Hunter.
Can I do another condition as well:
If field1 not =animal then hide field 3
correct, almost perfect
Select animal and fish, (field 3 hidden) but update field 1 to vegetable and again to animal then the third condition shows field 3 for fish
UFFF...
need for all correct this condition:
If field 1 animal and field 2 dog then displays field 3
as I can do it?
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #213143 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: conditional plugin
Formatting of your post is hard to follow, but will try to reply best I can as best I understand your question.

Yes, this is doable. Setup Field 2 to "Condition Self" and select Field 1 then select an operator and supply a value. Now setup Field 3 to "Condition Self" and select Field 2 then select an operator and supply a value. Now also on Field 3 add a second condition that's also "Condition Self" and select Field 1 then select an operator and supply a value the same as you did for Field 2, but set it to hide if the value isn't matched and set it to "One Way". This should give what you're wanting if I understand correctly; diagram as follows.

Field 2
Display: Field conditional self
Field: Field 1
Operator: Does Contain
Value: Animal
Mode: Show

Field 3 (Condition 1)
Field: Field 2
Operator: Does Contain
Value: Dog
Mode: Show

Field 3 (Condition 2)
Field: Field 1
Operator: Does Not Contain
Value: Animal
Mode: Hide
Direction: One-Way

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213162 by escalona
Replied by escalona on topic Re: conditional plugin
Your graphic is very clear. I have set up as said but problem:
After you save your settings work the following:
select Field 1 = animal
i see field 2
select Field 2= dog
i see field 3
not selected in field 3 and
select Field 1 =vegetable
i see no other fields
correct
now
select Field 1= animal AND PROBLEM:
I see field 2 =dog by default ,but do not see field 3

Actually try to do a business directory with categories nested up to 3 levels, but if user during the editing process changes between categories of level 1 and level 2 there are these problems that created confusion in user

11 years 6 months ago #213198 by krileon
Swap condition 1 and 2 on Field 3 and that might fix it as they condition in order.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #213209 by escalona
Replied by escalona on topic Re: conditional plugin
Thanks for his help.
I have found another solution:
Configuration plugin reset= enable
QUESTION 1: IS CORRECT?
It continued my project, but I have other questions
HE QUESTION: 2
is it correct what it shows file conditional? See image file please
QUESTION 3:
How can add more than 5 conditions that it shows tab plugin?
QUESTION 4:
build a directory with three levels of categories nested.
Maybe do a very complicated construction of conditions.
there is a tutorial that shows this? I have not seen.
Thank you
Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #213210 by krileon

QUESTION 1: IS CORRECT?

Yes, that'll do the trick too as it'll reset the dropdown so it needs to be re-selected and allows for the conditions to re-check properly.

HE QUESTION: 2
is it correct what it shows file conditional? See image file please

First issue is you have no Field selected. Second issue your value is not correct, you can not put a comma separated list. You'll need to use REGEX operator and supply a value of /value1|value2|value3/ if you want to check against multiple values in same field.

QUESTION 3:
How can add more than 5 conditions that it shows tab plugin?

You can't, 5 is the maximum.

QUESTION 4:
build a directory with three levels of categories nested.

Don't understand the question, you already have 3 levels of depth. Field 1 > Field 2 > Field 3.

there is a tutorial that shows this? I have not seen.

Nope.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds