Extending or Using Lists more

11 years 6 months ago #213172 by Gooru
Extending or Using Lists more was created by Gooru
Hi...

I want to replace SOBI with CB so my fields are well integrated and clients don't have to keep filling out forms. I have CB Subs with different styles of profiles available. I'm thinking I'll create a list for every directory item and setup the filter according to custom fields.

Is there a way I can duplicate lists and re-edit them? Is there a plugin that helps me treat the list in a layout mode so I can make a landing page of all lists available?

GooRu Source
Web Development and Management

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #213207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Extending or Using Lists more

Is there a way I can duplicate lists and re-edit them?

There's no list copy feature. So only way to do this is navigate to your database, export the userlist row, remove the id, then insert and it'll generate a new id and add the copy to database; now back to CB backend and you should have 2 of the same userlist. A copy feature in various locations is planned for a later release however.

Is there a plugin that helps me treat the list in a layout mode so I can make a landing page of all lists available?

No, but it maybe possible as there's multiple triggers available for CB and that includes for userlists. You could also just link to a Joomla article page and in the article have a link to your userlist. Each userlist can also have its own description when editing the userlist if that's all you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn