Hide User Full name in Groupjive

11 years 6 months ago #213264 by mibert
Hide User Full name in Groupjive was created by mibert
Hi there,

I am just starting to use Groupjive on one of my websites and I would like to know, if it is possible to hide the full name of user and show only the username.

Actually I have some restricted member area on my website, where only users from Author level and above can access. These users are allowed to see the other users profile including their full name.

Thats why I would like to keep currrent CB setting as "Name (Username)" for the user profile.

The access level for some of my Groupjive areas is Public, so I don't want the full name to be shown there.

Any advise, how this can be done, would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend.

Best regards

Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #213272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Hide User Full name in Groupjive
GJ uses the formatname field, which its display is based entirely off CB > Configuration > General > Name Format. Set to Username Only to display how you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #213273 by mibert
Replied by mibert on topic Re: Hide User Full name in Groupjive
Dear Krileon,

thanks for the very quick advise.
I understand, that I could do it with this setting.

However, this would also affect the user profiles, which I do not want.

I would like to set "Username Only" in the Groupjive setting, in the similar way as I can do it in Kunena or the whoisonline module.

Is there any other solution, which does not affect the user profiles?

Best regards

Michael

11 years 6 months ago #213285 by krileon

Is there any other solution, which does not affect the user profiles?

Nope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #213290 by mibert
Replied by mibert on topic Re: Hide User Full name in Groupjive
This is a real pitty.
Is there any easy hack, which can do this?

Thanks in advance

Michael

11 years 6 months ago #213296 by krileon

Is there any easy hack, which can do this?

Edit the class file then edit all the integrations and change the getOwnerName to pull from a different field. Aside from that, nope. Can't help you further in this regard either as we don't support core edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: mibert

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn