[SOLVED] User Search Fields disappears by protect CB tabs

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213406 by yusukenishihara
Hello,

Regarding CBSubs, I set "CB Fields and Tabs Protection" as the attachment which is a screenshot from CBSubs Tutorial. At first please see the attachment.

It works OK in user profile page, but all fields in User Search cannot be seen by Adam and Eve in this setting.
How Adam and Eve can see the fields in User Search to search Jack and Jill.

Could you advise me how to set correctly?

Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #213442 by krileon
When configuring "B. Visibility depending on Viewer's subscriptions" ensure the mode is set to detailed visibility. You can then set "Viewer Plans controlling field searchable (none means not controlled):" as needed for search access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #213472 by yusukenishihara
Replied by yusukenishihara on topic Re: User Search Fields disappears by protect CB tabs

krileon wrote: You can then set "Viewer Plans controlling field searchable (none means not controlled):" as needed for search access.

I selected Jack and Adam (all plans) in "Viewer Plans controlling field searchable (none means not controlled):" but Adam still cannot find any fields in User Search... :(
(pls see attachment)

What I actually want to do (which is almost all I expect to achieve by CBSubs);

1 Jack can see Tab-X in their profiles and in each others profiles.
2 Adam cannot see Tab-X in their profiles or each others profiles.
3 Adam can see Tab-X in the profiles of  and Jack
4 Jack cannot see Tab-X in the profiles of  and Adam
5 Adam can see Tab-X in User Search to find Jack
6 Jack can see Tab-X in User Search to find himself
7 Public User (with no login) can see Tab-X in User Search to find 美容師
8 Public User (with no login) can see Tab-X in User Search to find 美容師

I will appreciate if you advise me exact configuration in the tab setting to achieve my requirements.
(I thought this is easier for us than asking one by one)

Thank you!
Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213525 by krileon
Your current configuration says if the user is Jack and the person viewing Jack is Jack or Admin then display the tab; otherwise hide. It also says if I am editing my self and I am Jack then display the tab. If Adam or Jack searches and the user is Jack then display the user; otherwise hide the user.

The below should do what you're wanting and is strictly based off the profile owner instead of the user viewing the profile owner as you want the tab publicly visible also so you can't protect based off viewer or public users won't be able to see it.

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB subs control detailed tab access

Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Jack

Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted

Owner plans controlling tab editable (none means not controlled): Jack

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: No, Normal CB settings

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #213636 by yusukenishihara
Replied by yusukenishihara on topic Re: User Search Fields disappears by protect CB tabs
Hello,

Thank you for your helping me to figure out correct configuration.
It worked as I expected! although I cannot understand why these setting works as I expected.
I read tutorial so many times but still too hard for me to figure out how to correctly configure those tab protection :pinch: .

Anyway, there is another configuration I should achieve, which I almost done but not achieved.

These are what I want to achieve;
1 Jack can see Tab-X in their profiles but not in each others profiles.
2 Adam can see Tab-X in their profiles but not in each others profiles.
3 Jack cannot see Tab-X in the profiles of  and Adam.
4 Adam cannot see Tab-X in the profiles of  and Jack.
=>means that Tab-X can be seen only in own profiles by owners.

I set like the attachment but Jack still can see Tab-X in the profiles of  and Adam.

Could you advise me correct configuration for the condition above?

Thank you!
Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #213668 by krileon
For that you'll need a dummy plan. Simply create a free lifetime plan named Dummy and ensure you don't allow new subscriptions to it. This way it can be used to protect tabs/fields without ever being subscribe-able. Next you'd do the below configuration.

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB subs control detailed tab access

Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Dummy

Still Available for Profile Owner himself: Yes: owner's tab available for profile owner

Owner plans controlling tab editable (none means not controlled): Jack, Adam

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: No, Normal CB settings

What this says is protect profile visibility of the plan with Dummy, but no one can get Dummy so it'll never be visible; but ignore this protection for the profile owner. Then protect profile edit of the tab by both Jack and Adam so they can both see and edit it for themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn