Skip to Content Skip to Menu

search users and profile page

• tosh
  • tosh
11 years 6 months ago #213664 by tosh
search users and profile page was created by tosh
I have just downloaded the CB search joomla plugin installed using the extension manager as I could not install it using the plugin manager from CB (continued to give me errors - ERROR: Could not find a CB XML setup file in the package). Now I cant find where it is so I can configure it. What am I doing wrong or there is something really troubling about this software.
I must say, I love the concept of CB but its just difficult to operate. Its more difficult than Joomla its self. I need help.
I just want to search for other user, and I want my members to do the same. Everybody on my site is complaining that they do not know what to do beyond the profile page.

oh, I have downloaded the CB documentation and thats not helping either. page 59 - 61 just talks about the general stuff nothing to do with searching other users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213670 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: search users and profile page
It's not a CB plugin. The CB Search Bot is a Joomla extension, the error provided means you tried to install it to CB. Once installed via Joomla extension manager you can find it in Extensions > Plug-in Manager as you would any Joomla plugin.

This is separate from CB userlists, which are much more advanced. The search bot allows using Joomlas search module (not smart search!) to search for users. Please review your documentation (page 118) if you're wanting a Userlist, which are configured from CB > Userlist Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon