Users and access folders

11 years 5 months ago #214679 by Pere LK
Users and access folders was created by Pere LK
Hi,
With a J2.5.8 and CB 1.8.1 (1.9 in few days ^^) how can I manage the ACLon my image folders for my users. I want to give them access to only one same folder where they can put their upload.
Or if it's not possible how can I have each personnal folder but there is a risk to have a lot of personnal folders even if the users are delete.

In en a general way what is the possibility for managing users and folders.

Thanks for your time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #214683 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Users and access folders
Images folder? Don't understand the question. CB has no such image folder management or anything of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #214755 by Pere LK
Replied by Pere LK on topic Re: Users and access folders
Sorry for my bad english and explication.
This is my scenario :
-My users can type some text in http://www.oxalis-scop.fr/communication-tic/userprofile/nolivier (JCE editor).
-I want to allow them to upload some files for them creating some links or some images.
-I don't want to allow them to navigate in all the media folders

11 years 5 months ago #214762 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Users and access folders

Pere LK wrote: Sorry for my bad english and explication.
This is my scenario :
-My users can type some text in http://www.oxalis-scop.fr/communication-tic/userprofile/nolivier (JCE editor).
-I want to allow them to upload some files for them creating some links or some images.
-I don't want to allow them to navigate in all the media folders

In a similar scenario in the past I have configured JCE (for registered profiles) to create a new folder just for this user (gives it a userid folder name) and the user can upload article images there.

11 years 5 months ago #214763 by Pere LK
Replied by Pere LK on topic Re: Users and access folders
Okay so JCE is the way to follow.

Thanks you for your time again

11 years 5 months ago #214765 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Users and access folders

Pere LK wrote: Okay so JCE is the way to follow.

Thanks you for your time again

You are welcome.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn