Error

Please login first

auto actions and timeout

11 years 6 months ago #214797 by RomainFaure
auto actions and timeout was created by RomainFaure
Is there a way to detect a timeout with auto-actions (and execute code then)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #215248 by RomainFaure
Replied by RomainFaure on topic Re: auto actions and timeout
No answer :'(

I may have been too spécific: is there a way to detect a timeout? :o

11 years 5 months ago #215259 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: auto actions and timeout
Sorry for the delay; if I should miss your support topic then feel free to PM me the link to the topic as sometimes I miss a topic here and there.

Can you be more specific as to what you mean by a timeout? CB Auto Actions just performs the action on the trigger. For example the after login trigger is fired and I perform a redirect; it'll do nothing else before or after the trigger, there's no time attached to it as it just executes when the trigger is fired.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215274 by RomainFaure
Ok, I just wondered if the function triggered when a user logged out was also triggered when a user timeout! I guess the answer is no...

I just want to inform my database that when a user disconnect: if he clicks on disconnect then I know he has deconnected. But if he just leaves the page how can I know he disconnected?

11 years 5 months ago #215276 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: auto actions and timeout
When a user logs out? or when their Joomla session expires? There is a logout trigger, but no trigger fires when their Joomla session expires (at least no CB trigger that CB Auto Actions can use). You'll know the session expired by checking the _sessions database and him not having one anymore. You can actually use CB Query Field to query the database to see if a session exists for [user_id] then display on profile a Yes/No, 1/0, True/False, whatever you want from your select query based off a session existing or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215278 by RomainFaure
Smart! I will proceed like that, this is what I needed!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn