Problems migrating CB/CB Subs to Joomla 2.5

11 years 5 months ago #214925 by aamet
I'm migrating a 2,000 user site and have encountered some problems:

Old J1.5.26 , CB 1.9, CB Subs 2.2
New: J 2.5.8 CB 1.9, CBSubs 2.2

I built the new site with SPUpgrade. Essentially everything was migrated some months ago, so the users and subscriptions would all be out of date. I did not install CB subs on the new site until ready to do the final migration.

I used SP Upgrade to transfer across all the new user ID's to Joomla core.
I copied over the CB and CB Subs SQL database via phpMyAdmin.

So far it seemed all is well, all the user counts etc are fine.

I then installed CB 1.9 plus CBsubs and other plugins to match old site. All installed fine.

I ran through all the CB Tools and everything has come back fine. No user ID problems, no plugin problems, apart from some which are no longer available for J2.5,which

Now I have a number of problems on the front-end:

1.If CB Subs is enabled I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAuthorisedViewLevelsIds() on a non-object in /<<PATH>>/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.class.php on line 4556

If I disabled it the above problem goes away but then I get the following error instead:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAuthorisedViewLevelsIds() on a non-object in /<<path>>/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 91

2. I cannot create Menu User Lists. Whenever I try this I select CB Userlists, but when it returns to the settings, the menu item type displayed is "Logout Action" - so now none of my User list menu items work.

Any ideas on approach? I've re-installed CB Component but no difference. Not sure how much this is linked to user-IDs!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #214996 by krileon

2. I cannot create Menu User Lists. Whenever I try this I select CB Userlists, but when it returns to the settings, the menu item type displayed is "Logout Action" - so now none of my User list menu items work.

This is normal, the link still changes it just has the wrong view as Joomla doesn't handle task anymore.

Any ideas on approach? I've re-installed CB Component but no difference. Not sure how much this is linked to user-IDs!!

No idea, we don't support SPUpgrade. The supported migration method is jUpgrade, which has a CB integration to help properly move CB data. Straight copy of database won't work as you need to manually fix all usergroup and access view level usages as they'll all be wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215006 by aamet
Kyle, for some sites Jupgrade is possible. there were too many variables, components, and other reasons why SPUpgrade was preferred. the migration to a newsite started a month ago. As I was advised by Joomlapolis NOT to migrate users t new site until I had done all testing, this is what I did.

In fact, what I did was to create a Jupgrade installation from the 1.5 site, and then copied over most if not all CB tables tables to the SP upgraded site, as well as the users, and user map tables from Joomla core.

As far as I an tell I have no problems with the users. As site is offline I cannot yet test front-end access.

I reinstalled all CB component, and plugins as well. The problem has move on somewhat...

Now what I seem to get is if I enable one or more CB plugins I get memory errors in Jevents (e.g. Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /<path>/components/com_jevents/libraries/jeventshtml.php on line 351. Depending on which plugins I enable or disable, this error appears in different JEvents files at different points. If I disabled enough CB Plugins the site displays OK.

Any ideas?

Can you also confirm that if I used JUpgrade to get valid copies of user group and access view levels, which specific tables must I copy across for CB and CBSubs.

This is a live site and I need to go live on Tuesday. Thanks, D

11 years 5 months ago #215012 by krileon

Any ideas?

Joomla 2.5 is much heavier then Joomla 1.5. With everything you've installed you're going to need more than 64mb. Try increasing memory limit to 124mb and you should be ok.

Can you also confirm that if I used JUpgrade to get valid copies of user group and access view levels, which specific tables must I copy across for CB and CBSubs.

I can't confirm or guarantee anything. To be frank migration is the worst thing you'll ever do when it comes to Joomla. It's painful in nature and will always, this is guaranteed, cause problems. You'll need to manually fix a lot of stuff, more specifically you need to comb your install for all access view level and usergroup usages and adjust them to J2.5 as needed (all the usergroup and access view level IDs are different from J1.5).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215071 by aamet
I increased memory and the problems have gone away. Yes, I can see that access levels need to be adjusted, also in the plans. I have some remaining minor issues with lists, but will see if I can resolve them locally. thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn