Auto Action for User Group based on User Connection

11 years 5 months ago #215021 by cberry1971
Thru "Manage Connections" members can designate other members into a "Judge" type in _comprofiler_members

I have a Judge Menu Item, a Judge User Group and Judge AL

I have a cb_connectiontypes query field in screenshot 1 which captures "type" in _comprofiler_members

I built a Auto Action in CB, Plugins, Auto Actions, in screenshot 2 to add a Athlete user to the Judge User group when fired.

The trigger should fire upon login or after login.. but i can't seem to get it to work. I think the issue is that the query returns multiple rows and I have the "Output" in cb_connectiontypes set to "single row" "single column".

Any Thoughts? Query works fine in phpMyadmin
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #215030 by krileon
Type in database is Value1|*|Value2|*|Value3, etc.. so you'll want to use Is REGEX to match against it as follows.

[cb_field] Is Regex /Value1/

This should ensure it matches no matter how many types a user has.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215034 by cberry1971
just confused by Regex see below.
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215035 by cberry1971
OK showing screen shots as I was not matching to query

Shot 1: regex conditional

Shot 2: db query
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215038 by cberry1971
sorry... still stumped. using Is Regex /9/

which should hide those in user groups 9. Correct.

11 years 5 months ago #215077 by krileon
You need to know what "User Groups" field is for the user. Check _comprofiler and see what's stored in database then determine the correct operator and value based off what is stored.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn