[SOLVED] Installation problem

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215056 by dyvymtvar
[SOLVED] Installation problem was created by dyvymtvar
I have a joomla 2.5.8 installation and when I install community builder 1.9, in the back end, I can't see de component in the component's list so I can't configure it.

The modules works well and in the front end I can see my account.

In the extension manager I can see the component comprofiler installed and activated.

Before someone ask me I followed the installation steps in README-NEW-INSTALL.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #215081 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Installation problem
Did you migrate or upgrade from a previous version? Have you tried re-installing CB 1.9 over top of it self? If it's an existing install that you upgraded you may need to uninstall then re-install (make a backup of files and database before doing this).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215089 by dyvymtvar
Replied by dyvymtvar on topic Re: Installation problem
Is a new installation.

When I installed the CB 1.9 I did it using the quickstart pro 1.2 but it wasn't what I want so I restore my joomla from a backup. Later I tried to install again and the same problem. I tried to delete the database and restore database and joomla from a previous backup but I have the same problem when I install CB 1.9

11 years 5 months ago #215093 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Installation problem
My guess is your backup restore didn't go so well. Try uninstalling CB from Joomla then re-installing. If issue persists check within _menus database table for any CB menu links and delete them. Once done re-install CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215147 by dyvymtvar
Replied by dyvymtvar on topic Re: Installation problem
Ok now it works.

Hertak is a friend and he recommended me this post and that was the solution.

Install CB again and do what it says in the post.

Thank you for your help krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn