#6225 CB Moderators add new users from frontend

7 years 7 months ago #286340 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Moderators add new users from frontend

Is this frontend add users feature planned for 2.1?

I've added a feature ticket to look into it, but unsure at this time if it'll be in 2.1. Depends a lot on how much registration has to be modified to allow for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6225

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286351 by sirweb

krileon wrote:

Is this frontend add users feature planned for 2.1?

I've added a feature ticket to look into it, but unsure at this time if it'll be in 2.1. Depends a lot on how much registration has to be modified to allow for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6225

Thanks!
Hope you will find the time. This is top priority in my book. :)

1 year 4 months ago #331904 by sirweb
Hello Kyle!

Any news on this feature request?
As planned it will be in next version. Hope so. :)

I guess we are many users waiting for this feature.
Joomlacy´s Add Users Frontend (+22,000 downloads) has done the job on Joomla 3, but it seems like they are not converting their component to Joomla 4, so it has become a showstopper for migration.

Thanks

1 year 4 months ago #331905 by krileon
I do not have a timeframe for when this will be implemented. It requires significant changes to backend user create and frontend implementations that I was planning to wait for CB 3.x to implement this where we'll be unifying our views and moving away from the concept of frontend vs backend and allow views to be accessed in either (e.g. create a profile on backend and also view its frontend on backend or create a user in frontend then view it in backend, etc..). I don't know if this feature will make it into CB 2.x.

A workaround can be done though. You can create a custom HTML form with some basic fields that are needed to create a user then use CB Auto Actions to handle the user creation process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn