Can User List have links to files uploaded?

7 years 8 months ago #284815 by Intellitech
Can User List have links to files uploaded? was created by Intellitech
Hi.
Just wondering if the lists created in List Management, can it pull from files from the DB and have it linked as a column in the list?

I am trying to display a list of selected users to a list, but would like a column to have the users' CV linked.

Also, what would be the best to filter and select groups of users for separate lists?
I have this group of Registered Users as a Panel. But need to further split to Primary and Secondary listing.
How should it be done? I saw that the filtering options are quite different from the Auto-Action Conditions. How should the filtering functions be used to pull out the correct users for the lists?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284842 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can User List have links to files uploaded?
File fieldtype is built into CB. You can display file fields on a userlist fine. Nothing extra needed. If you want them to supply an external link then a web address fieldtype should work fine. Filtering on userlists directly adds to the database query. The basic filtering is pretty simply comparisons like FIELD_VALUE = 'This Value'. The advanced filtering lets you directly add custom SQL as an AND statement to the query though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284872 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Can User List have links to files uploaded?
I have called the column of the file filed type into the list. It currently show blanked, even though the user has a file uploaded to that file upload field.
In this user list, I am trying to display a filtered list of users and their individual CVs to be clicked on.

How would the system call for the file that is uploaded for each user?

krileon wrote: File fieldtype is built into CB. You can display file fields on a userlist fine. Nothing extra needed. If you want them to supply an external link then a web address fieldtype should work fine. Filtering on userlists directly adds to the database query. The basic filtering is pretty simply comparisons like FIELD_VALUE = 'This Value'. The advanced filtering lets you directly add custom SQL as an AND statement to the query though.

7 years 8 months ago #284890 by krileon
What do you mean you called the column into the list? What are you trying to do? Filter the userlist to only users who have uploaded something? Clicking the file is entirely dependent on the file fieldtype; simply add it to a column of your userlist and it'll display fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284917 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Can User List have links to files uploaded?
Hi.
See the 2 different screen shots captured on Firefox browsers on 2 MacBooks - One shows the downloadable file link, the other does not have the file link showing.

Neither of the links appear on all the browsers (Safari, Firefox and Chrome) on my MacBook. Any idea why??

krileon wrote: What do you mean you called the column into the list? What are you trying to do? Filter the userlist to only users who have uploaded something? Clicking the file is entirely dependent on the file fieldtype; simply add it to a column of your userlist and it'll display fine.

Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #284930 by krileon
Your first screenshot looks fine. Your second screenshot looks like purely an access issue. If you're viewing the userlist while logged out then ensure the tab that field is on is publicly accessible. If you've CB Privacy installed ensure it's not being protected by privacy controls if you want it publicly accessible. It's just a standard HTML link so there's nothing special about its display that would cause any sort of complicated issues beyond access permission.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn