How to moderate new registrations automatically during the night / week end?

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #295131 by capitolemobile
Hello,

I would like to moderate new registrations (admin approval) automatically only between 8pm and 8am (during the night) and the week end... Is it possible to do it easily ?

I also install CB Auto Action plugin, I think that we can create a scenario, but I really dont know how to make it...

Thanks a lot for your answers !

BR

Romain

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not post in all caps.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #295134 by krileon
There's no functionality for that. This means you have to implement that functionality. CB Auto Actions is a tool that needs to be configured for whatever usecase you want. In this case you need it to parse through every user that isn't approved and approve them. This can be pretty heavy as the Internal Users trigger that loops every user on the site does its filtering after it has grabbed every user. Your best option is a Code action with Method set to PHP where you query for every user that isn't approved so it's not grabbing your entire sites worth of yours.

I however don't recommend even doing this. It entirely defeats the point of admin registration approval. At that point why not just disable approval entirely?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #295151 by capitolemobile
Hello Kyle,

Thanks a lot for your complete answer !

Actually admin approval is disabled at the moment, but I would like, for security reasons (block spam registrations), enable automatically admin approval outside office hours... is it possible to make it ?

BR

Romain

6 years 10 months ago #295165 by krileon
I don't see the point of admin approval if you're going to have times where admin approval is ignored. Yes, that's possible but as I said above you have to code it as we have no built in, and no plans for, functionality for that. You can use CB AntiSpam to help protect against spam if that's the main concern.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn