[SOLVED] Avatar in CB Membership List causes error

6 years 8 months ago #296284 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Avatar in CB Membership List causes error
None. It's a very basic Joomla installation, with CB and CBSubs used primarily to maintain a membership system.

The only additional software is JEvents and Akeeba Backup.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296285 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar in CB Membership List causes error
I've no idea how you're hitting REGEXP limits then. Try disabling non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 to see if issue eventually goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296325 by autobahn
Disbaling the plugins made no difference.

I've been playing a bit with different filters for a list and the error seems to be linked to the number of members who will appear on the list. For a list that will contain 350 list items the avatar displays OK and there is no error. Where the list has 732 list items which include the avatar the error happens, but if I remove the avatar from the display all 732 items display correctly.

As I've included all the table rows in one filtered list or another the problem doesn't seem to be data-related.

As our membership goes up I'm sure that we will hit this error again on one of the filtered lists so maybe I'll have a bit more information.

I think I'll close this post now, as I think more data is needed to get to the root of it and my immediate problem has been solved.

Many thanks for your time and help.

6 years 8 months ago #296354 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Avatar in CB Membership List causes error
How many users are you displaying per page? More specifically what is "Number of entries per page" set to under Parameters > Paging or is "Show pagination" set to "No". It is not recommended to try and output more than 100 users per page as that's a lot of profile data to parse through and display on 1 page. I still have no idea why that's causing a REGEXP limit error, but without a callstack for the error (should be available in your servers error log) I've no idea where it's coming from exactly and can't suggest anything further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296376 by autobahn
Pagination is ON for all our lists.

However, no value was specified for number of entries per page (effectively unlimited) and this seems to be the cause of the problem. I tested the list with various levels of "Number of entries per page" and the list worked fine up to 625. Thereafter, the error occurred.

It was never to be intended to be a list with an unlimited page length, having been originally set to 50 entries, but it seems to have been changed somewhere along the way.

I have reset all our lists to have "Number of entries per page" set to 50, the problem has gone away and can be considered resolved :)

Perhaps the 100-per-page recommended limit could be added to the help information for this field, and maybe you could use 0 for unlimited rather than blank, preset the default (30) and make the field mandatory?

For the benefit of others, I think the 'limit' of 625 probably only applies to our particular list which has 4 columns and five fields. Those users with more fields and/or fewer columns would probably find their 'limit' to have a different value.

Many thanks for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn