set default language

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301208 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic set default language

krileon wrote: You don't set a language as default in CB. CB loads whatever language Joomla says to load. This is typically the default language, but can also be the users language if their language has been adjusted in their profile.

thank you krileon and congratulations your new avatar after more than 10 years...you face very change ;) attach pic for little fun...
I understand what you say and understand your mean, but my joomla load persian language and CB load english...what is your guess for this subject?
i do everything and study many topic in your forum but can not resolve that :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic set default language

I understand what you say and understand your mean, but my joomla load persian language and CB load english...what is your guess for this subject?

Do you have a Persian language plugin for CB installed? Are you sure it's loading English for all strings? It could simply be that language plugin is incomplete. Check that the language for your user is set to default or Persian with profile edit. The language tags also need to match as that's how CB loads its language based off Joomlas. Beyond that I don't know what to tell you, sorry. I've verified this all works using en-US and en-GB language plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301222 by saman2

krileon wrote: Do you have a Persian language plugin for CB installed? Are you sure it's loading English for all strings? It could simply be that language plugin is incomplete. Check that the language for your user is set to default or Persian with profile edit.

all of these is ok and i run 2 joomla site with same cb language plugin and same joomla version and same template even...but in one registration page is english and in other one is persain.

krileon wrote: The language tags also need to match as that's how CB loads its language based off Joomlas.

I suspect this.please look at the pictures...first for correct working website and second for incorrect...please advise me...is it related to that?
you can see correct in:
lms.agritak.ir/index.php/community-builder/registration

and incorrect url:
www.ehowzeh.com/index.php/cb-registration (some of string that you can see in this page translated manually override on cbenglish lang pack )
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #301247 by krileon
Joomla is responsible for setting the language tag, loading the language, and telling CB what to load. I'm guessing you've the tag incorrectly set within Extensions > Languages for one of your sites. Try comparing the two configurations and update the one that isn't working to same usage as one that is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #307301 by saman2
hi
i understand this topic is old but i do everything that i can:
-change theme to defult (Protostar)
-change fa-IR tag in "language code" plugin
-change order of cb lang (first fa-IR and second en-GB)
-update joomla
-update CB
-update CB persian lang plugin
-set default persian lang for CB menu (profile edit)
and some other thing.
but my problem not resolve... :( :( :(
how can resolve that? can you login to my site and check for me?
also i have pro cb account can you move this topic to professional section?

5 years 7 months ago #307307 by krileon
CB is not responsible for switching the language. It simply loads what Joomla tells it to load. What Joomla tells it to load is entirely based off what's set as default in Extensions > Languages, what is set in the URL via language filter, or what is set in your profile as the frontend language (part of the params field).

The matching of Joomla language to CB language plugin is entirely based off the Language Tag for a language configured in Extensions > Languages. It must match the CB plugin usage (which appears to be fa-IR).

With that said the language plugin for CB that you're trying to use is only 33.5% translated as shown below.

www.transifex.com/joomlapolis/cb/

This means a significant amount of the language strings are simply not translated from English. You can find details on how to contribute to a languages completion as they are 100% community driven effort below.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

Otherwise you can manually translate the strings that are not translated yet using language overrides functionality shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds