Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides

5 years 9 months ago #306171 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides
Maybe there was a nightly build I missed, or a hiccup in the update. I have downloaded and installed the version of CB currently in the Downloads area and it has changed things - the colour picker is no longer top left and the Cancel & OK buttons are active. I'll have another go.

Once again, thank you for a prompt and comprehensive reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306203 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides
Oh I am so impressed with CB Template Changer 4 :woohoo: Apart from a couple of overrides which I need because text/background contrast in a couple of places is insufficient with the new theme, I've done a complete (and radical) colour change on my test website in about 10 minutes. Fantastic and I can't thank you guys enough!

Keeping my fingers crossed that Joomla 4 will follow suit :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

5 years 9 months ago #306204 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides
Glad you like it! :)

For even more control you can also use the excellent Bootstrap builder site bootstrap.build/ to generate and live preview a customized Bootstrap 4. Once done simply click Export > _variables.scss. Once downloaded open _variables.scss and copy the contents to your Variables tab then click Compile Template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, autobahn

5 years 8 months ago #306522 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides
I am jumping on this subject on Bootstrap 4

We just moved to a full Bootstrap 4 template and don't need CB bootstrap implementation now.

We have some problems with css rules set in CB template.css referring to bootstrap 3 as /* workaround to Joomla 3.0 styling */.

Can you tell me if template changer would eliminate these references also ?

5 years 8 months ago #306523 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides

We have some problems with css rules set in CB template.css referring to bootstrap 3 as /* workaround to Joomla 3.0 styling */.

Those are implemented by us to work around conflicts with Joomlas default template or Joomlas Bootstrap 2.

Can you tell me if template changer would eliminate these references also ?

CB Template Changer will build a template exactly like the default template included with CB. This means yes it will include those workarouds we've applied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306526 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides
OK so I guess that we have to manually remove it each time

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn