[SOLVED] [value] € for layout in profile view = empty fields are shown

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313223 by ericmuc
In configuration I choosed: show empty fields = NO

But if I add "[value] €" in the profile layout view (because I would like to add the € automatically to the value) empty fields (without a value) are shown

In my view this is false. "empty" should be only [value] and not the field with the layout.

Or can I add a code in the layout field, that this input is only shown if the value is not empty?

Can you please check this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313228 by krileon
Hiding empty fields only applies if the field returns absolutely nothing. Adding to the layout will result in it outputting something. You can use IF substitutions to determine if you need to add to the layout or not. Example as follows.

[cb:if FIELD_NAME!=""][value] €[/cb:if]

Be sure to replace FIELD_NAME with the actual name of your field. If it can't accept empty and its empty value is something like 0 then you need to account for that in your substitution like the following.

[cb:if FIELD_NAME!="" and FIELD_NAME!="0"][value] €[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313230 by ericmuc

krileon wrote: Hiding empty fields only applies if the field returns absolutely nothing. Adding to the layout will result in it outputting something. You can use IF substitutions to determine if you need to add to the layout or not. Example as follows.

[cb:if FIELD_NAME!=""][value] €[/cb:if]

Be sure to replace FIELD_NAME with the actual name of your field. If it can't accept empty and its empty value is something like 0 then you need to account for that in your substitution like the following.

[cb:if FIELD_NAME!="" and FIELD_NAME!="0"][value] €[/cb:if]

Great! It works, thank you very much.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.142 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn