[#7685] AutoPublish Joomla articles in CB Activity Wall (step by step)

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316978 by jojo12
Sorry, perhaps my english is not enough:

(I tried in your demo too, there was even no cb articles tab

In my eyes it shold work like in cb blog: you create a blog and save it, then the notice about a created blog is shown in cb activity (mod and tab). The blog is shown in cb blogs tab

If I create an article (in Backend or Frontend) and save it. With the enabled settings (see above) there should be shown a notice about a created article in cb activity (mod and tab). But the article is only shown in cb articles tab, there is no notice in activity (even with the above settings).

That seems to be a bug (which is in your demo too!). And it looks like to be the same bug like 6 months ago in posts of alex76

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316987 by krileon
Our demo site is not using the article create activity. You need to publish "CB Articles - Create" in CB Auto Actions > System Actions. Then ensure "CB Articles" in CB > Plugin Management is also published. I've confirmed this works perfectly fine locally. Aless76 has also confirmed this is working fine. So you likely have a configuration problem somewhere or your install is simply out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316988 by jojo12
Thank you so much for your NOT help! It's always the same here: I need 3-4 times to show you that there's something bad, until you see it.
This is an important info for all other users. If you find problems, insist 3-4 times, then they will understand you. Sorry

I logged in as cbadministrator in the demo and activated cb articles tab, this worked. Then I activated auto actions cbarticles, then I wrote an article and saved. The article was shown in cbarticle tab but not in cbactivity tab.
So it seems, the demo.joomlapolis is bad configurated like mine.

I am now for years here as professional member. But I am treated like a newbie. :sick:

4 years 1 month ago #316991 by krileon
That system action depends on CB Auto Actions system plugin since that activity is created on a Joomla event. Ensure the CB Auto Actions system plugin in Extensions > Plugins is installed, published, and public. The reason it did not work on our demo site in your test is the system plugin is not published; I've published it on our reference site to fix this. Will review adding a check for that if a Joomla trigger is selected in an auto action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schrammelmann

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316992 by jojo12
Thank you, this was helpful: for some reasons, I don't know wha the system plugin was disabled.
After enabling it works like I want.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn