Usecase related to CB activity

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #316033 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Usecase related to CB activity

For example lets assume you've a CB field to select what type of user they are. Lets call it cb_profiletype and lets assume its values are "bronze", "silver", and "gold". Now you'd edit the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management and set the Asset parameter to "profile.[user_id].[cb_profiletype]".

Following your instructions above i have entered profile.[user_id].[cb_type_of_company] as activity asset in my plugin menu item field.
Unfortunately there is no change!

cb_type_of_company is a single select query field.

When i look at the activity (backend), the asset is still profile.(user_id here) instead of profile.(user_id here).(type of company)

Can you please advise?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #316043 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Usecase related to CB activity
It does not change already stored activity entries. If you set the asset of your activity field to "profile.[user_id].[cb_type_of_company]" then all new posts to that field will have that asset. Same applies to the activity tab or any stream where you specify the asset.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316057 by liaskas
This is what i am saying!
I set the activity field to "profile.[user_id].[cb_type_of_company]" yesterday.

Today's posts are like the attached screenshot. No type of company is stored in the asset

Attachments:

4 years 3 months ago #316070 by krileon
Posts from where exactly? Recent activity page? My activity page? Activity page? Activity module? Activity tab? or activity field? The below for example worked perfectly fine for the activity tab.

Activity Tab Parameters:

Field:

Activity:

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #316080 by liaskas
Menu item

URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=recentactivity

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #316084 by krileon
You can not force an asset change on Recent Activity or My Activity pages. You need to set Action to Activity to force an asset change. Will review implementing support for this in a later release since this seams to be a common mistake.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7809

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn