[SOLVED] Moderator "change username field" problems

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320443 by FSEconomy
I'm trying to enable my moderator teams to be able to change members' "username" field. (user's themselves should not be allowed to change their own username).

I **believe** I have the permissions set correctly, but I'm having a couple of problems.

First, on the front end, moderators can change the values of all fields except this one. Not even "Super Users" can edit this field. Possibly because this field is marked as "cannot be changed" in the CB Configuration settings?. The intent is for users to not change the value, but moderators can.

Second (as a possible workaround), on the back end CB User Manager, moderators CAN go into a user's profile and change the field, but they do not have a "SAVE" button displayed at the top.

My first preference would be for them to be able to make this change on the front end, but if back-end administration is the only way, that's fine.

Field settings that I believe are relevant, but I'm probably missing the one that can actually make this happen:
Global:
  • Read Only: No
  • Show on Profile Edit: yes, 1 line with title

CB Configuration > User Profile tab > Username Edit: No.

Here are some screenshots.

CB User Manager permission settings for the moderator user group.

Moderator's view of editing a user's profile in the CB User Manager

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Moderator "change username field" problems

Possibly because this field is marked as "cannot be changed" in the CB Configuration settings?

Yup.

The intent is for users to not change the value, but moderators can.

You should be able to do this by enabling Username Edit in CB > Configuration > User Profile. Next protect the edit display of the Username field in CB > Field Management using CB Privacy and set it to moderator only.

Second (as a possible workaround), on the back end CB User Manager, moderators CAN go into a user's profile and change the field, but they do not have a "SAVE" button displayed at the top.

Seams like an odd permissions combination somewhere preventing access to certain actions. They maybe able to view the edit view, but not save it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320446 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic Moderator "change username field" problems

You should be able to do this by enabling Username Edit in CB > Configuration > User Profile. Next protect the edit display of the Username field in CB > Field Management using CB Privacy and set it to moderator only.

Thanks, this did the trick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn