Odd asterisks and symbols within CB component area only

1 year 6 months ago #330896 by CNVC
Please see attachment and you too will notice symbols that are normally not there. It's only showing up in CB, no where else within my Joomla site. Site is still in development so I provided a screenshot. Any clue?

Thanks in advance!

Lo
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #330901 by krileon
Translations Highlighting was turned on within CB > Configuration > Integrations. Set this back to "No" and that should fix your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330905 by CNVC
That worked. Thank you!

I was looking for an option to translate a post, comment, and article. I have a multi-language site and installed Google Translate for CB. I'd love to offer our users an easy way to translate a post by another CB user. On one page we may have 4 or more different languages (we're a global community). Any links/direction you can offer will be appreciated! thanks again. I'm so impressed with how much CB has grown. I can see just how many incredible options and customization there is to tap into.

1 year 6 months ago #330907 by krileon
You mean inline translate a CB Activity post? We don't have any functionality for that, but typically a users browser should be able to do that. Chrome for example has multi-lingual page detection built in and seams to work well. You can also of course use Google Translate (provide CB Google Translate plugin to help with this as well). I'll look into supporting inline translations like that for a future CB Activity release; probably via improving our CB Google Translate plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn