Maximum Emails per Hour

1 year 6 months ago #330955 by karloshull
Replied by karloshull on topic Maximum Emails per Hour
Users have disabilities so captcha will make it harder for them. Its new users who are spamming to scam users. On Joomla 3 the new users couldnt send out messages for the first 24 hours, as this gave me time to check the profile. I can spot a scammer straight away. I could approve the profile manaully,

Live chat and PMS sounds good, a bit like facebook.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #330957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Maximum Emails per Hour
You could use CB Auto Actions and a Redirect action that checks against their registration date on pm_onBeforeDisplayMessageEdit if they just newly registered. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: pm_onBeforeDisplayMessageEdit
Type: Redirect
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [cb:parse function="time" time="+24 HOURS"][registerDate][/cb:parse]
Features: Format Functions
Operator: Greater Than
Value: [cb:parse function="time"]now[/cb:parse]
Features: Format Functions
Action
URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=messages
New registrations do not have permission to immediately send private messages. Please wait for 24 hours before messaging.

That should work. It should redirect them back to the messages page if they've been registered for less than 24 hours. Adjust further as needed. If you need to manually verify accounts though I suggest just using registration approval.

As for captcha you could still consider using reCaptcha Invisible or reCaptcha v3 which typically don't require any input from the user, but should catch bots. The internal captcha mode is also completely accessible with the appropriate aria labels, customization to increase font sizes as needed, and audio. You're going to have a hard time combating spam without some form of captcha. At the very least I recommend having captcha on registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330961 by karloshull
You are a star.. It works, thank you so much....

Yes I do use reCaptcha on the sign up form. Only 5 big letters. But does the Invisible reCaptcha do the same thing?

I just looked at the settings, its asking for

Site key and secret key. Where do I get these from?

Thank you
Karl

1 year 6 months ago #330963 by krileon

Yes I do use reCaptcha on the sign up form. Only 5 big letters. But does the Invisible reCaptcha do the same thing?

Invisible captcha doesn't ask them to fill out anything unless they're suspected to be bots. Then it presents image selection captcha.All re

Site key and secret key. Where do I get these from?

All reCaptcha keys are obtained from Google directly .

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330976 by karloshull
I have done Invisible captcha on the sign up form. This will be useful for users with learning problems

Is it possible to hide Invisible captcha on the form?

Thank you
Karl 
Attachments:

1 year 6 months ago #330981 by krileon

Is it possible to hide Invisible captcha on the form?

Yup, within CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Captcha > Modes > reCaptcha > Invisible set "Badge" to "None".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: karloshull

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn