User list search fields problem

1 year 5 months ago #331631 by flappleton
User list search fields problem was created by flappleton
I can't get the "first name" and "last name" fields to appear in the user list search criteria.
I have enabled "searchable" on the field management page and the two fields are set to display on profile, registration and profile edit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331635 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User list search fields problem
By default a userlist only shows searchable fields that are displayed on the userlist. Are those fields displayed on the userlist? If not edit your userlist in CB > List Management then under Parameters > Search set "Searchable fields" to "Specific searchable fields" now in "Fields to search" select your firstname and lastname fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331637 by flappleton
Replied by flappleton on topic User list search fields problem
They appear in the user list as part of a substitution field so maybe that is the issue.

1 year 5 months ago #331643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User list search fields problem
Correct, they have to be their actual fields assigned to a column for the auto searching criteria. Using the parameter described in my reply above though you can have whatever searchable fields you want regardless of them being on the userlist or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn