Question about AutoAction - Trigger

1 year 4 months ago #331684 by AchLive
Question about AutoAction - Trigger was created by AchLive
Hello everyone, I would like to understand if there is a way to trigger an automantic action when another action has just been performed.
Example:
If I just performed automatic action "A", then action "A" becomes a trigger to perform automatic action "B".
Thanks for the support

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #331685 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about AutoAction - Trigger
You can use autoactions_onAction to act on another auto action, but you need to be careful as you must condition it to not apply to itself or explicitly only against another action id or it will get stuck in an infinite loop.

However the best way to do this is create 2 auto actions with Triggers set to None then create a 3rd auto action acting on whatever trigger you're needing and set the 3rd auto actions Type to Action. Now select your other 2 actions for it to run. It will then just run them 1 after another with no loop risks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331686 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Question about AutoAction - Trigger
Thank you very much, I will try

10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #333811 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Question about AutoAction - Trigger
Edit : question solved

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn