Display most recent music from all users from CB Gallery plugin

1 year 4 months ago #332111 by Hennen
I am using the most recent build of Community Builder along with the CB Gallery plugin. I am only using the gallery for the music feature and I am wanting to display the most recent music uploads from all users on the homepage of my website. The CB Gallery Module only seems to display the music from the user that uploaded it and even then on login.
How do I make the module display all (or recent) music uploaded by all users and viewable to the public?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332133 by krileon
CB Gallery displays media based off the Asset. To display media from all users you need to set the Asset parameter in your module to "profile.%". The wildcard will cause all profile media to load in that gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332148 by Hennen
Thank you. That worked! I have one more question: how can I limit the number of "most recent music" displayed? For instance limit the module to displaying the last 10 music files uploaded?

1 year 3 months ago #332152 by krileon
Edit your gallery module then under the Media tab adjust the Paging parameters as desired. Limit should be defaulted to 5 so if you want 10 to display adjust that parameter to 10.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn