Email notifications for group PM

1 year 3 months ago #332180 by sbramall77
Email notifications for group PM was created by sbramall77
Hi
I am using the internal private message system inside my site and when a user PMs another user, the email notification works perfectly with a received link back to the message.
The issue I am having is when I send a PM using the group link ie send to all users. The actual message does get sent to all users perfectly inside the site but I can't seem to get this to send an email notification to each user highlighting that there is a new PM to all users inside the site. I have tested the mass email system and all is working.
Have I missed a setting here. Any help most welcome. When I look at the group message being sent in the admin backend, it does say To  All users so the internal systems appear to all be working.

Many thanks

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332188 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email notifications for group PM
An email notification does not send when you send a private message to all users. That would crash most sites having to email thousands of people at once. We'll be implementing a messaging queue in CB 3.x to help deal with such situations though that will allow for emailing a large amount over a period of time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332196 by sbramall77
Replied by sbramall77 on topic Email notifications for group PM
Thanks for the swift reply again Kyle. In a way I'm glad that it was not an error from me but I will look forward to CB 3 - I only have around 50 users so not an issue.
Many thanks
Steve

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn