PMS related question.

1 year 2 months ago #332545 by liaskas
PMS related question. was created by liaskas
Hello...
Is there a way to disable cb pms plugin for certain users?
For example we want to disable PM functionality for user with id 3020.
Hoe can we do it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332546 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS related question.
Best I can suggest is to create a view access level that includes the usergroups that are allowed to send private messages. Next within PMS > Parameters > Internal > Create adjust the permissions to use your new view access level. Then ensure the user doesn't have the usergroup that can send private messages. The alternative is you'd need to try and use CB Auto Actions to block access to parts of the PMS using its triggers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332547 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic PMS related question.
Thank you for your reply Krileon.
CB Auto Actions to block access to parts of the PMS will do the trick for us.

Another question please...
Can we use an auto action to not allow login to banned users?

My thought was...
on after login if user is banned, log him out automatically.

Is it possible and if yes... how to set the auto logout with auto action?

Thankk you in advance.

1 year 2 months ago #332548 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS related question.

Can we use an auto action to not allow login to banned users?

Yes, block their account instead of doing a simple profile ban. CB AntiSpam can provide frontend functionality to block accounts in a number of ways.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn