Activity feed showing group activity for groups user is not part of

1 year 2 months ago #332698 by AlanJones
For the life of me I can't find where to switch off activity feed appearing for groups a user is not part of.
Currently activity shows for groups that a user is not part of.
Any ideas?

J 4.2.7
CB 2.8.0+build.2023.01.27.16.59.55.3636e2d5a
Activity 5.0.0
GJ 3.5.1

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332701 by AlanJones
I think I figured it out... it should be a private group, right?

Own Your Own Community!

1 year 2 months ago #332704 by krileon
If you're viewing a Recent Activity stream (which is just all activity) or a GJ asset like groupjive.group.% then it's going to show all activity the viewing user has permission to see so yes it will show activity from groups they have not joined. You however should not see activity on your profile for groups you have not joined unless it's a group you can see and one of your connections is interacting with that group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanJones

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.805 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn