Which Community Builder tables should we transfer?

1 year 2 weeks ago #333379 by aalisg
Hello,

We are developing a new website running Joomla! 4.2.9 as our actual Joomla! 3.10.11 is going to its end of life. We are wondering which Community Builder tables of the database should we transfer from the actual webiste to the new one. Please note that we created a new website from scratch so we could not use the same database. The tables of the actual website are listed below:

comprofiler
comprofiler_fields
comprofiler_field_values
comprofiler_lists
comprofiler_members
comprofiler_plugin
comprofiler_plugin_activity
comprofiler_plugin_activity_actions
comprofiler_plugin_activity_comments
comprofiler_plugin_activity_emotes
comprofiler_plugin_activity_following
comprofiler_plugin_activity_hidden
comprofiler_plugin_activity_likes
comprofiler_plugin_activity_like_types
comprofiler_plugin_activity_locations
comprofiler_plugin_activity_notifications
comprofiler_plugin_activity_read
comprofiler_plugin_activity_tags
comprofiler_plugin_antispam_attempts
comprofiler_plugin_antispam_block
comprofiler_plugin_antispam_log
comprofiler_plugin_antispam_whitelist
comprofiler_plugin_autoactions
comprofiler_plugin_autoactions_batches
comprofiler_plugin_autoactions_uses
comprofiler_plugin_blogs
comprofiler_plugin_emails
comprofiler_plugin_messages
comprofiler_plugin_messages_read
comprofiler_plugin_privacy
comprofiler_plugin_privacy_blocked
comprofiler_plugin_privacy_closed
comprofiler_plug_pulogger
comprofiler_ratings
comprofiler_sessions
comprofiler_tabs
comprofiler_userreports
comprofiler_views

In advance, thank you for your advices.

Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 weeks ago #333380 by krileon
All tables beginning with _comprofiler, _groupjive, and _cbsubs belong to CB and our various products. If you intend on keeping ALL your data you'd need to move all of them in addition to _users and their respective Joomla linked tables. If you just move _comprofiler for table your user data will be out of sync as they'll exist in CB, but not Joomla and we've no means of repairing that.

As for important Joomla user tables they'd be the following.

_users
_user_usergroup_map
_usergroups
_viewlevels

That would ensure at bare minimum your Joomla users and their ACL are moved. Other important user tables would be the following, but depends on what Joomla features you're using.

_user_keys
_user_notes
_user_profiles
_webauthn_credentials

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 weeks ago #333388 by aalisg
Hello and thank you for your reply,

Thank you for the advice for the _users tables. The problem now is that we started to import the the _comprofiler tables and in particular the _comprofiler_fields and _comprofiler_fields_values tables but we can not see the fields nor their values in the backend of the website where we import the tables. Is there a special trick we missed? Or maybe there is another table we have to import to unlock this problem?

Regards,

1 year 2 weeks ago #333396 by krileon
Fields themselves are entirely stored in _comprofiler_fields and _comprofiler_fields_values. Should be all you need to move. If you're using field types provided by plugins you'll need to re-install those plugins as well and probably fix any field rows that were associated with those fields as their plugin id won't match anymore unless you also move _comprofiler_plugin.

I recommend just moving all of CBs tables then removing any data you no longer need after the fact. This will ensure all auto increment ids match up correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn