Trigger a community builder user subscription/sign-in with a script

11 months 3 weeks ago #333783 by krileon
You'd just submit the form directly to the auto action URL. An HTML form contains an action attribute, which is the URL the form will submit to. You'd simply supply your auto action for that attribute. In the context of BreezingForms I've no clue how you'd configure that as I'm not the developer of BreezingForms so I don't know how its forms are handled specifically. You shouldn't need to write a single line of PHP. Example form as follows.
<form action="AUTOACTION_URL_HERE" method="post">
	<label for="name">Name</label>
	<input id="name" type="text" name="name" />	
	<label for="email">Email</label>
	<input id="email" type="text" name="email" />	
	<label for="username">Username</label>
	<input id="username" type="text" name="username" />
	<label for="password">Password</label>
	<input id="password" type="text" name="password" />
</form>

This would work with the below for example.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Registration
User: Self
Access: All Non-Registered Users
​​​​​​​Action
Approval: Default (CB setting)
Confirmation: Default (CB setting)
Username: [post_username]
Password: [post_password]
Email: [post_email]
Groups: Registered
Name: [post_name]
Suppress Emails: No

You can add validation using conditions, etc.. there's a lot more than can be done here to improve for the form of course, but this is just meant to be an example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #333829 by huguesmarcil
Hello Krileon,
Thank you again but even though we've just tested exactly as you said we don't get any results in CB auto actions. It looks like the action is turned off.
Here is the form we created in pure HTML for testing (~yours + our auto action URL):
<form action="https://dev.partage3d.fr/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=pluginclass&amp;plugin=cbautoactions&amp;action=action&amp;actions=99&amp;Itemid=117" method="post">
<label for="name">Name</label>
<input type="text" /> 
<label for="email">Email</label> 
<input id="email" name="email" type="text" /> 
<label for="username">Username</label> 
<input id="username" name="username" type="text" /> 
<label for="password">Password</label> 
<input id="password" name="password" type="text" /> 
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>
And the auto action is set up strictly as you said. 
Nothing happens when form is submitted.
How could we debug this?

11 months 2 weeks ago #333836 by krileon
Please PM backend super user login credentials (see link to PM me in my signature) and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 2 weeks ago #333844 by huguesmarcil
Hello I've sent the credentials, have you received them?
It seems you did'nt get my update saying they are now working.

11 months 2 weeks ago #333845 by krileon
The auto action itself works perfectly fine. Directly accessing it for example with debug mode enabled in the auto action outputs the following.
:: Action 99 :: Registration failed to save. Error: Please enter your name.

I left debug mode on under Parameters. Try it with your form and see if it outputs any validation errors. You'll need to handle the validation behavior yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #333874 by huguesmarcil
Thank you, we are now able to insert new users in the database!

But still there are issues:
- When submit is pressed we encounter a warning message
- There is no activation code for new users

ResetCount refers to: Count of password resets since lastResetTime
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn