Error when installing pkg_communitybuilder_2.8.0+build.2023.05.16.19.40.40.f3776

11 months 23 hours ago #333895 by steward2023
Hi, 

I'm testing this out on a review site. 
My current version of community builders is 2.4.7 and I'm trying to install the most recent version that I purchased yesterday. 
The site is on PHP version 7.3.33 (we're in the process of updating to the newer version but there are bugs to fix). 
Joomla version is 3.10.11

After installing the plugin I'm unable to access the backend of the site and I get the following message error 

Error messagehe server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I went to the site files and disabled this folder administrator/components/com_profiler then I was able to access the backend again. 

Does this version of community builder support my Joomla and PHP version? I tried to find the requirements but couldn't. 

Have you encountered this issue before? 

I read this thread is visible to other members so I don't want to share credentials publicly, please let me know how I can do that. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 22 hours ago #333896 by krileon

The site is on PHP version 7.3.33 (we're in the process of updating to the newer version but there are bugs to fix).

Minimum supported PHP version is 7.4, but it should've blocked the install entirely if you didn't have the supported PHP version. System requirements can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/276-community-builder/getting-started/18576-technical-requirements-for-community-builder

How did you update CB? I'm not sure how you managed to bypass this check. Just verified it's still working as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 21 hours ago #333897 by steward2023
Thanks for your response. 
The review site where I installed it does have PHP 7.4, so I was allowed to install it. 
Where can I request a refund then? Unfortunately, I cannot use the tool until I can update the website. 

11 months 20 hours ago #333899 by krileon
See our warranty page below regarding refunds.

www.joomlapolis.com/warranty

Moving from PHP 7.3 to 7.4 should be trivial though. There aren't any backwards compatibility issues between those 2 releases.

The review site where I installed it does have PHP 7.4, so I was allowed to install it.

Is that were you saw the error? Have you tried contacting your host to check server error logs as that's a server error. It's possible something configured server side isn't working properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334072 by steward2023
Hi, I followed the instructions on the warranty page you sent over, I sent a message through beat but no one replied. 
Could you please help follow up or give me another way to contact the team who handles that?

10 months 2 weeks ago #334073 by krileon
I've let Beat know. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn