Forced Privacy Control unexpected behavior

11 months 1 week ago #333900 by kdave321
I made a new HTML field that I wanted to display a link only for the profile owner.

This works great for any other logged in user, but then I made the profile ( and About tab where the field is) visible to the Public - and it shows the link field to the public!

For now I have added conditional show only for registered users.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 6 days ago #333902 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forced Privacy Control unexpected behavior
Privacy controls are exempt for moderators. Meaning moderators can see private fields/tabs. Ensure "Moderator View Access Level" is set correctly within CB > Configuration > Moderation. If it's set to Public for example then everyone is basically a moderator and can cause issues like that.

What are your privacy settings on your custom HTML field? It sounds like its privacy settings aren't configured properly and the profile or tab privacy settings were what was keeping it hidden. Typically to force it private you'd use the below.

Integrations > CB Privacy
Display: Forced privacy control
Default: Private

However in forced situations like this it's typically better to just let CB Conditional handle it. The below would work.

Integrations > CB Conditional
Display: Field conditional show
Field: Users
User: Viewing User
Operator: Is
Value: [user_id]

That should cause it to only be visible if the viewing user is the displayed user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 6 days ago #333904 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Forced Privacy Control unexpected behavior
In CB Configuration I have Moderators set to only admins.
On the field I had "Forced Privacy Controls" and default Private.

I added CB Condtional Show if viewer was user = [user_id], as suggested , and that works.

11 months 6 days ago #333905 by krileon
Ensure CB Privacy in CB > Plugin Management is set to Public so it loads. I'm not seeing any issues with forced privacy controls being subverted for Custom HTML fields. Is the field actually rendered on the About tab or is it being substituted into the About tab?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 6 days ago #333906 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Forced Privacy Control unexpected behavior
Ah ha! I had set that plugin to Registered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

11 months 6 days ago #333907 by krileon
I don't recommend ever setting plugins to anything but Public. That completely controls where a plugin loads or not. That will also be completely gone in CB 3.x as it causes so many loading issues. Same for publish/unpublished plugins. Rather than unpublish simply uninstall would be the best option.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: kdave321

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn