Unable to update to 2.8.1

7 months 3 weeks ago #334995 by ABLCSociety1
Unable to update to 2.8.1 was created by ABLCSociety1
Hello,

We're having an issue where we cannot update Community Builder from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 on Joomla 3.10.11. We have tried changing our PHP versions (tried 7.4, 8.0, and 8.1) and we have this issue across all of them. We are getting this error when trying to update the package file: app.screencast.com/DUZh7wCJIP16R

Our site is connected to the MySQL database so I'm not sure why this error is showing. Can you please look into this? Let me me know if you need some sort of access or something to dig deeper.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #334997 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unable to update to 2.8.1
The entire error callstack seams to be coming from Joomla and not anywhere in CB. Are you sure your database settings are correct in configuration.php? We've done an install test on both J3 and J4 with it having worked fine. Suggest posting the error to the Joomla forums and see if they've any suggestions. It doesn't appear to be CB specific though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 months 3 weeks ago #335008 by ABLCSociety1
Replied by ABLCSociety1 on topic Unable to update to 2.8.1
I confirmed the configuration file is correct. Like I said as well, the rest of the Joomla installation is behaving fine.

We have submitted a forum post on the Joomla forum: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=715&t=1003791&p=3701053#p3701053

Hoping we get somewhere with that.

Thanks for the help.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336447 by ABLCSociety1
Hello,

We still need help. We're still unable to update to the latest version of Community Builder. We have posted to the Joomla community without any resolution. Can you please help guide us on gettin this updated?

Thanks!

3 months 3 weeks ago #336451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unable to update to 2.8.1
Your error isn't coming from CB. It's coming from Joomla so I don't know what to suggest. It's erroring when Joomla is establishing the user session which needs to load the user object and when it's loading the user object it's failing to communicate with the database. Joomla 3 is EOL (end of life) so maybe it's time to at least upgrade into Joomla 4? It's possible this is an issue Joomla won't be fixing due to it being EOL.

Additionally how are you trying to update CB? Through Joomla's built in update server? Have you tried downloading latest CB from our downloads page below and installing it?

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336454 by ABLCSociety1
Hi,

We don't plan to upgrade to Joomla 4 so that's out of the question at the moment. We have tried to update the plugin both ways, through the update dashboard and uploading the updated package file. Both result in the same error. Anything else we can do here or is it just suggested to upgrade to Joomla 4?

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn