Unable to update to 2.8.1

3 months 2 weeks ago #336462 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unable to update to 2.8.1
Not sure what to suggest. I'm having no issues with updating CB on my Joomla 3 test install. As others have pointed out on your Joomla forum topic there's something wrong with your database. Please PM backend super user login credentials and will try taking a look, but it's unlikely I'll be able to do anything about this as your SQL server is basically dropping the connection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336490 by ABLCSociety1
Replied by ABLCSociety1 on topic Unable to update to 2.8.1
I see. I've sent you super user details for our staging site. Please let me know what you find, thanks!

3 months 2 weeks ago #336492 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. I'm not sure exactly what's causing this, but was able to get you patched up to latest 2.9.1 build release. Seams to be related to the database collation check. Your database has a collation of utf8mb3_general_ci and CB is trying to correct this to utf8mb4_unicode_ci and that's when it loses connection to the database (maybe some sort of security feature on your server?).

So I suggest going into phpmyadmin and under the Operations tab use the feature to set all tables and their columns collations to utf8mb4_unicode_ci since CB can't seam to fix it for you. Once done you should be done since CB itself is up to date now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336514 by ABLCSociety1
Hey,

Got it! That worked! I updated all the tables to the utf8mb4_unicode_ci collation and re-ran the update it worked. Thanks so much for the help! Kudos to you since no one in the Joomla community forums could even figure this out.

I'm going to try to get all the database tables changed on our live site and run this update and hope it works there as well. Will let you know if I run into issues.

Thanks again!

3 months 2 weeks ago #336516 by krileon
Thanks for letting us know that did the trick!

It's mainly an issue for any website that was running Joomla before 3.10 and never corrected their collations. Default collation for 3.10, 4, and 5 are set correctly at least. So certainly something to look out for for anyone with an older site that migrated up.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 months 2 weeks ago #336526 by ABLCSociety1
Hey again,

Unfortunately ,our joy was short lived since we now noticing a new issue. Users cannot log into the site. A "you must accept cookies" error is given: app.screencast.com/42RjO84Ajfoo7

I thought this may have to do with the GDPR component but I changed its tables back toi what they were and even tried disabling it and still had the same issue.

Any ideas on this one on getting it working again?

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn