Activity Tab

4 months 1 hour ago #336399 by 100mile
Activity Tab was created by 100mile
Is it possible to allow the Activity Tab to scroll idependantly when there is Tabs on the left and ride side?  Hate to use the F word but, similiar to what they do on Facebook.  It prevents on seeing a lot of empty space on the left or right.when scrolling down on the Activity Tab.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 4 weeks ago #336402 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity Tab
Is there an option out of the box for this? No, but you can certainly do it with CSS. Normally you really need to be designing your site around infinite scroll like Facebook, Twitter, etc.. all have. Effectively the component container in Joomla would be designed to scroll specifically and you can't have a non-static site footer. However yes it's possible to just limit this to the activity tab, but requires a decent amount of CSS to force it.

Below is an example of forcing the activity tab height out of the layout flow and making it adhere to its parent constraints. This will cause it to have a scrollbar if the tab contents are taller than its container.
.cbTabsMenu,
.cbTabsMenu .cbTabsMenuMain,
.cbTabsMenu .cbTabsMenuMain .cbTabsMenuContent,
.cbTabsMenu .cbTabsMenuMain .cbTabsMenuContent .cbTabPaneMenu {
	height: 100%;
}

#cb_tabid_48 {
	overflow: auto;
	position: relative;
}

#cb_tabid_48 .activityStream {
	width: 100%;
	position: absolute;
	top: 0;
	left: 0;
}

Replace "48" with whatever the ID is of your CB Activity tab. This however will only extend down as far as the profile div goes. To force Joomla's component container and all other parent containers to also extend as far as they can within a page you'd need to adjust the first block of CSS to the following (Joomla 5 default template tested only).
main,
.cbProfileCanvasHome
.cbProfileCanvasHome .cbCanvasHomeLayout
.cbProfileCanvasHome .cbCanvasHomeLayoutMain
.cbTabsMenu,
.cbTabsMenu .cbTabsMenuMain,
.cbTabsMenu .cbTabsMenuMain .cbTabsMenuContent,
.cbTabsMenu .cbTabsMenuMain .cbTabsMenuContent .cbTabPaneMenu {
}

This assumes a user is viewing their own profile and is doing so with the Profile (Home) layout. Please understand we don't provide custom coding outside of Business memberships. This is purely a simple example and there are several ways to go about this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds