CB Content module - substitution support not working

2 months 4 weeks ago #336906 by dg1
Substitution support in the CB Content module does not work.
For comparison, everything is OK in the articles. 
​​​​​​​
I confirmed on the test site demo.cbdemosites.com/index.php and there is the same problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336909 by krileon
Substitutions absolute work in CB Content Module. What substitution are you trying to use? For CB Content Module substitutions are always from the user viewing the module so typically the logged in user. For Articles CB Content Bot is responsible for providing substitutions and by default they're from the article owner.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336919 by dg1
Examples of tested substitutions:
<div>TEST: [cb:userdata field="name" /]</div>
<div>TEST: [cb:userdata field="avatar" /]</div>
<div>TEST: [name]</div>

I would like to emphasize that I have been using substitution support in the CB Content module for many months. After launch and testing, they were not modified. Today, quite accidentally, I discovered that support does not work.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336920 by krileon
Those absolutely will work. What do you mean by them not working? They display nothing or that they're rendering the literal text? CB Content Module demo can be found below which is working fine.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-content-module

Login for it to show your username for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336929 by dg1
In the previously tested module, nothing is returned and the result is:
<div>TEST: </div>
Otherwise I got the result:

This state was a complete surprise to me:

Attachments:

2 months 4 weeks ago #336933 by dg1
Hi,

I found the probable cause of problems with substitution support in the CB Content module. The IF clause had to be completed with user="#me"
However, I don't understand why it worked before and now it doesn't. Fortunately, my lack of understanding is not the problem. :-)

The cause of an error in the presentation of content in the sample module from the website demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-content-module it is also very simple.
The editor transformed the sign "<" into a sequence
&lt;
That's why I try to use a "simple" editor to operate the CB Content module, but yesterday it didn't work out for me.
Personally, I would prefer a simple editor to handle this module as standard. Just like it was some time ago.

So I consider the issue resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience and best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn